I've started updating course material to Python 3. The first part has already been updated, the others should follow in the coming weeks. A lot of things need to be changed, unfortunately this means that there could be some inconsistencies until the update is completely finished.
If you come across a missing link or something else that does not work as expected, please contact me and I will do my best to fix the issue as soon as possible.
The TWP library has been updated to fix a plotting bug and a couple of depreciation warnings in yahooFinance module. New version is 0.0.14.2
There has been an issue with registering on the site due to not working email. This has been resolved and registration should be working now.
Promised and much-anticipated nearest-neighbors strategy notebook is finally here! It can be found on the bottom of the Part 3 page as #308 notebook.
The strategy uses different inputs from the one described on the blog, but it's easy to change the inputs to any indicator.
An example of getting portfolio and account data from TWS into IPython notebook has been added to the Part 4 section.
Fixed broken links to IB API documentation in Part 4
Over the past year there have been quite some updates and additions to the course material. Here is a quick overview:
- 204 : Usingg Finviz stock screener. This had to be done because Yahoo finance stopped providing an advanced screener capable of data export. Unfortunately, Finviz also stopped providing free export data.
- 307 : leveraged etfs notebook
- 302b : backtesting module
- 302c : moving averages strategy with backtesting module
- Placing combination orders with ibpy